Google Ads From Valued Sponsors

Nuffnang

Tour and See the World! My South Korea Trip, part 4 - The Korean War Museum (War Memorial of Korea)

Tour and See the World! My South Korea Trip, part 4 - The Korean War Museum (War Memorial of Korea)

Welcome back to my travel blog! I showed pictures of Lotte World and Everland, exciting and wonderful theme parks from South Korea, in my earlier posts. Now, for something slightly more serious and sombre - the Korean War Museum, officially called the War Memorial of Korea, located in Seoul.

Mavis and I visited this museum as part of the tour package, which offered various tourist attractions in the bargain - and this is one major attraction for history lovers or for students or people who are interested in the history of the Korean peninsula, or military history. We arrived at the museum in the morning and it was raining heavily, adding a sense of gloom and - may I say it - doom to the atmosphere of the drab building with its colossal parade square. Many Korean children and students were there for their national education as well.

Overall, I rate this attraction quite highly, as I am a history buff, but it's certainly not for people who cannot stomach it or who don't like history, I guess! (Don't worry, after this post on my travel site, I get right on with showing you usual tour pictures such as scenery, fun activities, and farmland pictures of agricultural Korea!) Without further ado, here are the photos:























































Thanks for reading and cheers - do stay tuned here on my travel site to tour more dimensions in a very interesting and unique country, which South Korea definitely is!

Tour and See the World! - South Korea, Asia

No comments: